Friday, August 29, 2014

Carson Dudley Lives

Wow.

I get goosebumps looking at these pictures.

We did phase one of the promo video last night at the infamous Topp Stop Mini-Mart in Toppenish, WA (HUGE thanks to owner Farren Young - you rock, dog... and I hope I know you well enough to call you "dog").  The equally infamous David Goehner, my ace marketing and PR dude, manned the cam and directed.

There were two hits to the night:  first was Tim Lantrip, pictured here, who showed up dressed as Carson Dudley!!!  Whoa.  Swank.  Can you say BOOYAH!! (to quote the man himself).

Equally compelling and filling my head with FABULOUS new plot directions was Steve Schnellman, who drove up in his absolutely boss monster hunting ride!  This black beauty is the bomb... complete with baseball bat, hemi and sunroof for "flailing at bad guys"!!!!  I want this man to adopt me and take me on the road with him to beat down monsters.  Seriously.

THEN... Steve off-handedly drops the remark "Heh heh... like Carson and his Grandpappy".

THEN... It hit me like a shotgun blast does a zombie (I don't know that that's true, but it sounds compelling)!  Carson's "Grandpappy?"  He's got a Granny... what ever happened to...

THEN... I told myself "Enough!!  Don't spoil it for the readers!"  Suffice it to say, there's a strong possibility you'll be hearing the words "black hemi monster hunting car" and "Grandpa Dudley" again soon before the series is over.  Odin's Beard!!

Huge thanks again to Farren and Topp Stop (and the wonderfully accomodating REAL clerks!) and Tim and Steve and Charter and Cole and everyone who turned out to help.  Batter up... WAY up!!

Better stop now.  I think I'm getting a little teary.

p..s Stay tuned for the pre-release preview of the Kickstarter "Parts:  Graveyard Shift, the Adventures of Carson Dudley Book 3" campaign due out September 15th!

p.s.s. Here's a snippet of teaser for MORE Carson Dudley action!!  Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment